As long as you have Comprehensive coverage on your Auto policy, your car insurance may cover tornado and high wind damage to cars. Possible damage includes your vehicle rolling over or flying debris damaging your vehicle due to high wind. Knowing what your Auto policy covers before disaster strikes will help give you peace of mind.

Comprehensive coverage is most often sold in combination with Collision coverage; these two coverages make up the Physical Damage portion of your Auto policy. These are optional coverages unless your vehicle is financed or leased, in which case they’re mandatory. Check your policy to see if you have these coverages.

To find out if you have Comprehensive coverage, you can look in the following places:

*Tips courtesy of The Balance


For media inquiries, please contact Don Foley at 904-490-8649